Protagonist

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Label Snob
Materialistic
Vain
w-inds!
Keita~
Ultra bookworm
Going on 19




My Thinspiration

Photobucket
KC

Coveting For

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Alaska
See a Aurora Borealis
Gucci/Dior/Dolce& Gabbana/Ferragamo Sunnies
Weekends

Gossip Girls

Photobucket


The Niakers

MingXiang
Mok
Mona


Nostalgia
Back in..May 2006
Back in..June 2006
Back in..July 2006
Back in..August 2006
Back in..September 2006
Back in..October 2006
Back in..November 2006
Back in..December 2006
Back in..January 2007
Back in..February 2007
Back in..March 2007
Back in..April 2007
Back in..May 2007
Back in..June 2007
Back in..July 2007
Back in..August 2007
Back in..September 2007
Back in..October 2007
Back in..November 2007
Back in..December 2007
Back in..January 2008
Back in..February 2008
Back in..March 2008
Back in..April 2008
Back in..May 2008
Back in..June 2008
Back in..July 2008
Back in..August 2008
Back in..September 2008
Back in..October 2008
Back in..November 2008
Back in..January 2009
Back in..February 2009
Back in..March 2009
Back in..April 2009





this is another Mukkey blogskin

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Poem analysis


I am feeling super super tired right about this moment! Seriously, I think I need to buy sleeping pills to get me into deep sleep! All through the past 3 days, I have only been catching around 3 hours of nap per day. I feel deprived!

My team finished the presentation damn fucking early today, like we got everything done before the 2nd breakout. Munirah suggested putting friendship quotes into the powerpoint slides, so I went online to look for it. Most of the quotes were good, but I was looking for something that has deeper meaning to it, something that has more substance, something short yet sweet.

In the end, I chose these four quotes:

“My friends are my estate.”
“Friendship has no survival values, instead it gives value to survival.”
“The best mirror is an old friend.”
“True friendship is never serene.”

(I think mx will like these quotes.)

After choosing, I helped write out the analysis of the phrases for presentation.

Just as I was analysing the quotes, a sudden rush of craving for analysing poems hitted me right smack on the face. I missed Literature lessons, and how the class discusses the underlying meanings of each word and phrase with Ms Soh. Poets are amazing people, I think. They are able to come out with the weirdest kind of metaphors anyone can ever think of. Besides, they think so much into life and everything else that exists on Earth. Of course, thinking too much is never good, because it leads to depression when you have an epiphany on how morbid the world is, and the irony within. Still, I really do admire poets! eg. William Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson etc, just to name a few of the popular ones.

Currently working on an analysis of an Emily Dickinson poem. I wish Ms Soh is here to help me out with some phrases. I guess I'll have to learn to be more dependant instead of relying on others in all aspects of my life.